- Please remove your shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Arrive early enough to give yourself a few moments to sign in, to center yourself and relax before the class begins. 10-15 minutes before class time is recommended. Arriving late to class, even by a few moments, can be disruptive to other students and the instructor. It can also be unsafe to join a yoga class in session, as your body and muscles are not yet warm.
- Talking before or after class in the practice area is discouraged. You may speak to the instructor if you wish, but keep all conversation with your friends outside of the practice area. Many students use the moments before and after class for meditation; a practice we encourage. Please be respectful of these moments and hold any conversations in the lobby or outside.
- Talking during class is very distracting and is not permitted. Be mindful that people are coming to yoga to relax–and that yoga is a meditation in movement. Talking, joking, grunting, or any other noises (other than deep breathing) should be completely avoided.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted in the practice area or in the lobby. Please finish all telephone conversations outside of the studio. Put your cellphone on silent and out of sight as you step into the studio. (Exceptions for mothers/fathers with small children at home with babysitter or other similar situations where student might need to be contacted immediately.) No texting, talking, facebooking, or any other cellphone usage is permitted in the studio.
- Please follow the general flow of the instruction. We encourage modifications of any posture, and will assist you in these modifications. If you feel that you are unable to follow the general flow of a class, please consider private sessions.
- Please commit yourself to staying for the full duration of the class. Leaving early is distracting and should be avoided. If you are unable to commit to the full length of the class, consider scheduling private sessions.
- Please inform your instructor of any injuries, illnesses, or limitations that may affect your yoga practice. Instructors may touch, adjust and assist you during your practice, so make them aware of any issues that may be of importance. If you are being touched and it does not feel good, please immediately ask the instructor to stop. Some teachers may burn incense or use essential oils. If you do not want these scents on or around you, please tell the teacher before class.
- If you sweat, that makes us happy! If your sweat (from your body or your water bottle) leaves a little puddle around your mat, please wipe it up as you leave.
- We suggest that you bring a yoga mat, a small towel, and water with you to class. We also sell/rent all of these items. If nothing else, bring an open mind!
- We strive to maintain a safe, neutral, relaxed space that is inclusive, welcoming and serene. We do not condone any type of discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, political views, age, religion or any other factor. Please help us maintain a neutral and safe space by avoiding any controversial talking points, any type of inflammatory language or behavior.
One of the core values of Yoga is “Tolerance” and all are welcomed at Bombay.